Thursday 2 December 2010

The iPad and Apple Craze


Ah yes, THE wonderful world of THE ALMIGHTY iPad. Or is it? What are people's fascination about the iPad? or have we become a human race obsessed with materialism? Personally i do not have an Ipad as of yet, although i have given the object a few thoughts, yes i have been tempted. I for one, do not think i need one, i do not see how it would change my life by having one or not as i am rather well off without one, apart from digging deep into my pockets to finance one which costs a staggering £500! How have i been tempted then? well, simply by seeing it as other people's new "it" gadget, feeling i need to join the "it" group, the "cool" group, the "i know all about technology" group. Apple uses some clever marketing strategy to make me want one, because i am one of those people that even if you gave me an IPad for free, wouldn't use it. I am one of those people who makes the marketers lives a living hell by trying to sell me a product. I am basically one of those people, that do not follow the sheep. However,  Apple's products have become a part of our lives ( as sad as it sounds), it has marketed itself as part of a lifestyle. Apple's products is a lifestyle in its own right. People want to be part of that modern lifestyle, they want to be referred to that lifestyle in any possible way and that is done by simply owning the latest Apple gadget. It is a lifestyle that even the non-sheep envy in some weird way... It is a lifestyle that will always be there, with new products and ideas that will make you comeback for more and if you haven't been there yet, it will pull you in like a kid in a candy shop! Apple has become a part of your life whether you like it or not.... and it is going to be here for a very veryyy, ( cannot emphasise how much) long time. FIND YOUR INNER APPLE! go on you know you want one...... I had to sacrifice my Sony Vaio for an Apple Macbook and i am ashamed to say it but i've become an Apple victim. Still does not make me a sheep. I proudly must say. I shall resist the temptation. I even eat more apples than i used to! Ok ok let's not get ahead of ourselves now... But honestly and truthfully, Windows is sooo much better than Apple's operating system Mac OS X. Yes it is a pain when i cannot download window softwares that the majority of the world uses and have to find sometimes non existent substitutes for Mac. I have been deceived once by Apple and thou shalt NOT, be deceived again or fall into the trap of temptation, or eat Eve's apple... Promise?.... euhm. We shall see... ahhh give me a break. NEVER say NEVER. FACT.

No comments: